New Jerusalem, described as a glorious Temple, is an imagery of what the church, the people of God shall one day become.
1. We get to be with God to share his glory
2. We even get to “add” to his glory
3. Let us rest and rejoice in God’s promise!
1. How is knowing that “we are God’s home remodeling project” and that “the master builder is more eager than we are to get on the project” encouraging to us?
2. In what areas of your life can you thank God that he has worked on you this past year?
3. What is an area in your life you would ask God to help you grow in the new year?
4. Does it amaze you that God invites you to not only enjoy his glory, but to contribute to it by using the gifts that He has first given you?
5. Remember Athenagora’s plea before the Roman Emperors how he readily drew on the fact that the Christians in his days were well-known for their good works? Is our church well-known for our good works among our neighbours/friends? In what ways can we as a church/Citygroup add to God’s glory in 2018?
6. C. S. Lewis: “Aim at Heaven and you will get earth “thrown in.” Aim at earth and you will get neither.” Spend some time meditating on Colossians 3:1-4 below:
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”
7. Can you rest and rejoice in God’s promise that He has destined us for glory and that even now he is conforming us to the image of his Son?
|« All Things New||"Surely I am coming soon." »|