1. Why do we need the hope of the resurrection?
a. The boy’s suffering is a picture of what sin does to us and the world. We all long for the day when God’s kingdom shall come to renew all things so that there will be no more suffering and death.
b. Jesus needed only to give a command to cast out the demon. Yet to forgive our sins, Jesus needed to die and rise for us.
2. How can we have it? By faith in Jesus.
a. Jesus led the father to place his trust in Jesus.
b. Faith in Jesus does not mean a faith with no doubts at all about God.
c. Jesus invites us to cry out to him, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
1. What are some things that are happening in the lives of people around you that make you long for the hope of the resurrection?
2. When you sin, do you realize that you are in a more dire condition than the boy in the passage?
3. Have you ever asked your friends what they think Christianity is? What did they get right? What did they get wrong? How would you tell them what Christianity is?
4. What are some doubts you have about God right now? How is Jesus inviting you to cry out to him, “I believe; help my unbelief”? What promises of God are you hanging on to? Does knowing that Jesus gave his life for you help reassure you of God’s love for you?
|« Times of Refreshing||Who is the Greatest? »|